Voluntary Action North Somerset (VANS) will be supporting the recruitment and coordination of volunteers for non-clinical roles at vaccination sites across Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (BNSSG) using TeamKinetic – a volunteer recruitment and management platform that allows people to register and commit to volunteering opportunities/sessions that are available.
If you would like to register to volunteer at vaccination sites, you can register by clicking on the Team Kinetic button below.
The local coordination programme, funded for six months by North Bristol NHS Trust, delivered by VANS on behalf of The West of England Civil Society Partnership (the network of voluntary sector infrastructure partners), will work alongside existing provision and volunteers to meet demand in non-clinical and stewarding volunteer roles. Working with other agencies providing similar support including, the national Royal Voluntary Service (RVS) and Avon and Somerset Fire and Rescue, our aim is not to duplicate what is already in place but provide a coordinated approach to ensure that General Practices, Community Pharmacies, and other community vaccination sites across BNSSG are able to access suitable volunteers to enable effective roll out of the vaccine within communities.
We recognise that it is time consuming to access, schedule and coordinate volunteers and having the required resources to manage and support volunteers effectively is vital to maintaining the vaccination roll out. We offer a tailored approach to meet the individual requirements of each vaccination site and our team are committed to ensuring that a quality customer and volunteer experience is at the forefront of everything we do.
If your General Practice, Community Pharmacy or vaccination site would like our support to access volunteers, then please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01934 416486
EXTRA CARE HOUSING COVID-19 TESTING VOLUNTEERS
Three Extra care Housing provisions in Worle, Yatton and Portisehad are supporting residents with their monthly PCR tests through volunteers. We hope to get more ECH provisions on board. This pilot project will be running for six months until the end of June 2022.
Volunteers will be asked to assist and support with Covid-19 PCR tests at one or more sites in North Somerset.
PPE and full training will be provided.
There may also be some non-clinical Covid-19 testing related tasks.
What is Extra Care Housing?
Extra Care Housing schemes are designed for people 55 years and over with housing, care, and support needs, and aim to offer privacy and independence in a safe, accessible environment. Schemes are made up of individual flats, communal facilities, and on-site care. Depending on the scheme, flats are either available to rent via the local authority or for leasehold/shared ownership.
Sessions will be running once a month up to the end of June 2022. Sessions are 4 hours and will be in the morning or the afternoon.
In order to best support the residents and staff, we are asking volunteers to commit to regular sessions every month for 6 months, where possible.
Responsibilities may include:
• Providing residents with PCR tests
• Ensuring that key PCR testing information is accurate
• Explaining to residents how to undertake their own PCR test
• Undertaking the test on the resident
• Packing PCR tests and preparing them for collection
• Preparing for testing in a communal, but separated area
• Clearing away the testing area
• Providing the required information to setting administrators for logging onto inhouse and NHS systems
Volunteers will need:
• To provide details of two referees
• A Standard DBS (and have sigined up to the DBS update service) . We can assist with a DBS check if you do not already have one (at not cost to the volunteer)
• Volunteering experience witin a care setting OR complete a free online introductory course provided by Community Learning. The course is Voluntering In Assisted Living and Residential Care (VIALARC)