Strategic Partnerships and Networks
The role of infrastructure for the voluntary community sector is multifaceted and has many layers, this very much falls in line with our charities mission:
“To represent, develop and empower the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in North Somerset to be at the forefront of positive social change and development.”
With this brings a plethora of responsibility around representation at various strategic boards, strengthening the sector through direct support to voluntary and community organisations and representing communities to align service commissioning to demand.
We work closely with our partners and stakeholders at all levels to ensure that the voice of the sector is truly heard. Some of the key boards include:
- The North Somerset Partnership Board – strategic leadership, oversight and co-ordination of shared priorities and common goals that improve the quality of life and outcomes for people living, working and visiting North Somerset.
- Health and Wellbeing Board – providing senior strategic oversight of health and wellbeing matters across North Somerset.
- Integrated Health Networks for Woodspring and Weston – a partnership approach in localities to enable people to stay healthy, well and independent in their communities.
- Equalities Implementation – helping our commissioners to meet their equalities objectives.
- Strategic Commissioning Networks – to improve the safety, health and well-being of local residents, and to reduce inequalities.
- The Civil Society Partnership – directorship on the Community Interest Company in collaboration with network of infrastructure leads across to the West of England, enables a wider strategic approach and regional insight.
We always welcome the opportunity for our members to feed in to strategic meetings. All forthcoming meetings will be published on our monthly newsletter to enable this to happen.